[NatureNS] Sandhills, Snowy Owl & Laplands

Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 16:00:47 -0400
From: Helene Van Doninck <hvandoninck@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Happy to hear about a mobile Snowy Owl. Most of the ones last year were not in great shape. We did admit one with advanced emaciation that died shortly after. Was basically dying when it was found and I so wished we had got it sooner as it had no fractures, was just starving. Once they have lost 30% or more of their body weight they are very difficult to save. Better luck next time

Helene

Helene Van Doninck DVM
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
RR#1 Brookfield Nova Scotia Canada B0N1C0
hvandoninck@eastlink.ca
www.cwrc.net
http://cwrcblog.blogspot.com/
1-902-893-0253