[NatureNS] Bl-Throated Gray Warbler (photos) etc.

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:48:26 -0400
To: NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>, NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001636c5bff78ba3c60478e88e1d

Hi,

As Ian has mentioned, a car-load of us went looking for Halifax area rare
birds today, from the Valley. After searching through the Chickadees in the
appropriate area, with no luck, we finally located an Orange-Crowned and the
Black-throated Gray in a bush right in the entrance to the Waeg. Club on
Coburg St. There were no Chickadees with them. They only stayed an instant,
long enough to fire off 3 shots of the BTGW, which I have posted on the
NS-RBA site. In the Yahoo Group site, go to Photos -> RBA Warblers -> Page
2, and they're the last 3 (best viewed at large size,which is actually
web-sized). (or - a direct link,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NS-RBA/photos/album/205328232/pic/1203577679/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=21&count=20&dir=asc).
 Unfortunately one of our group, who was up the road, missed them.

We then spent 2 1/2 hours on Graham Hawkin's deck in Hatchet Lake, where the
Towhee had apparently been this morning, but we only got looks at
Goldfinches, Blue Jays, Song Sparrows, Mourning Doves and a Squirrel!
Anyway, thanks, Graham!

On the way home we saw a flock of ~ 170 Black Duck at the Windsor Causeway;
Blacks, Mallard, A.Wigeon and G-W Teal at the Windsor S.P.; and good looks
at the albino Red-tail near the Grand Pre exit off the 101.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--001636c5bff78ba3c60478e88e1d

Hi,<br><br>As Ian has mentioned, a car-load of us went looking for Halifax =
area rare birds today, from the Valley. After searching through the Chickad=
ees in the appropriate area, with no luck, we finally located an Orange-Cro=
wned and the Black-throated Gray in a bush right in the entrance to the Wae=
g. Club on Coburg St. There were no Chickadees with them. They only stayed =
an instant, long enough to fire off 3 shots of the BTGW, which I have poste=
d on the NS-RBA site. In the Yahoo Group site, go to Photos -&gt; RBA Warbl=
ers -&gt; Page 2, and they&#39;re the last 3 (best viewed at large size,whi=
ch is actually web-sized). (or - a direct link, <a href=3D"http://groups.ya=
hoo.com/group/NS-RBA/photos/album/205328232/pic/1203577679/view?picmode=3D&=
amp;mode=3Dtn&amp;order=3Dordinal&amp;start=3D21&amp;count=3D20&amp;dir=3Da=
sc">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NS-RBA/photos/album/205328232/pic/1203577=
679/view?picmode=3D&amp;mode=3Dtn&amp;order=3Dordinal&amp;start=3D21&amp;co=
unt=3D20&amp;dir=3Dasc</a> ).=A0 Unfortunately one of our group, who was up=
 the road, missed them.<br>

where the Towhee had apparently been this morning, but we only got looks at=
 Goldfinches, Blue Jays, Song Sparrows, Mourning Doves and a Squirrel! Anyw=
ay, thanks, Graham!<br>

way; Blacks, Mallard, A.Wigeon and G-W Teal at the Windsor S.P.; and good l=
ooks at the albino Red-tail near the Grand Pre exit off the 101.<br><br>

=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>##########=

--001636c5bff78ba3c60478e88e1d--