[NatureNS] How is the wild food supply?

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:27:45 -0400
From: "David McCorquodale" <David_McCorquodale@cbu.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

pan&gt;&lt;br&gt; &lt;blockquote style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid; MARGIN:

------_=_NextPart_001_01CA624C.A56959FE

The cone crop on Balsam Fir, White Spruce and Black Spruce in virtually
all of Cape Breton is one of the largest I have seen in the past 20
years.  My impression is that this time of year many regular feeder
visitors, squirrels and birds prefer to partake of natural foods.
Certainly there is an abundance of spruce and balsam seeds available
this year. =20

=20

DBMcC

=20

=20

DB McCorquodale

Department of Biology, Cape Breton University,=20

1250 Grand Lake Rd., Sydney, NS B1P 6L2

david_mccorquodale @ cbu.ca

902-563-1260

=20

Biological Survey of Canada (Terrestrial Arthropods)

http://www.biology.ualberta.ca/bsc/bschome.htm
<http://www.biology.ualberta.ca/bsc/bschome.htm>=20

=20

Department of Biology, Cape Breton University

http://discovery.capebretonu.ca/biology
<http://discovery.capebretonu.ca/biology>=20

=20

CBU Faculty Association Research News