[NatureNS] How is the wild food supply?

From: Gary Myers <gemyers@av.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:24:30 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_NjhCqvQgQQ240CfSJrtw9g)

I am noticing the same shortage here in Morden.  We have the usuals you mentioned around the feeders but nothing else.  I also notice a complete absence of squirrels.  Except the one time (and first) appearance of a grey squirrel on Sep 20th we have had no squirrels at all.  On the CBC noontime phone-in show a few weeks ago, Bob Bancroft suggested the lack of squirrels is due to the poor cone crop this year.  It seems the rotten summer we had is having an effect on wildlife in general.  Gary Myers Morden NS

--Boundary_(ID_NjhCqvQgQQ240CfSJrtw9g)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18852">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>I am noticing the same shortage here in
Morden.&nbsp; We have the usuals you mentioned around the feeders but nothing
else.&nbsp; I also notice a complete absence of squirrels.&nbsp; Except the one
time (and first) appearance of a grey squirrel on Sep 20th we have had no
squirrels at all.&nbsp;&nbsp;On the CBC noontime phone-in show a few weeks ago,
Bob Bancroft suggested the lack of squirrels is due to the poor cone crop this
year.&nbsp; It seems the rotten summer we had is having an effect on wildlife in
general.&nbsp; Gary Myers Morden NS</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_NjhCqvQgQQ240CfSJrtw9g)--