[NatureNS] Mystery birdsong

From: Andrew Horn <aghorn@Dal.Ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 11:32:40 -0300

Hi Eleanor,

The whispered songs of Song Sparrows stumped me for years. Their
continuous rambling, often barely audible, is most often given in fall
and early spring, and is quite different from their more familiar loud
chunks of sound, though it's interspersed with snatches of that
territorial song now and then. Our resident male (at least, I suspect
it's him) was particularly vocal this fall, deep in the hedges -- your
description captures his sounds quite nicely.

Though there's lots of other possibilities ...

Cheers,
Andy