[NatureNS] Birding Research -- Online Call Count Simulation Survey

From: Bob Farmer <farmerb@dal.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:06:52 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi all.
As part of my PhD project at Dalhousie University, with Andy Horn as
collaborator, I'm studying factors influencing the accuracy of bird
survey point-counts.  We welcome anyone with birdwatching experience
to go to http://leonardlab.biology.dal.ca/survey to take part in a
short (~15 minute) survey that will simulate a variety of point count
scenarios and help managers design more effective surveys and data
analysis techniques.  Participation is completely anonymous, and is
also pretty fun!  Any questions can be directed to Bob Farmer at farmerb@dal.ca.
Thanks very much for your help!

--Bob Farmer
PhD candidate, Leonard Lab