[NatureNS] RE: Blue Jay flocks

Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 11:30:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: Suzanne Borkowski <suzanneborkowski@yahoo.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Fritz;

There were large flocks of at least 100 blue jays flying by on Brier Island a couple of weeks ago.  At Prospect, on Blake Maybank's field trip last weekend, we saw three or four groups of Blue Jays passing overhead numbering from 40 - 80 individuals.  At Peggy's Cove, last Thursday, there was a large flock of at least 100 Blue Jays landing in some trees then taking off again,  It seems to be a great year for migrating Blue Jays!

Cheers;
Suzanne