[NatureNS] on line air photos and maps

Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:56:28 -0400
From: "Paul S. Boyer" <psboyer@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_IpuemqiCfveTanAVyMzEYA)

About that NS map: I can't get the photos to work at all.  The
explanations are poor or lacking; the place-names are scattered all
about, often far from where they belong;  10-m contours are drawn
crossing shorelines in my area (an impossibility).  The shorelines are
very rough and crude.

This is a cartographical monstrosity.

But you did say that this was a government project.  It's certainly
not up to Google Earth in quality.

On 30 Sep 2009, at 5:03 PM, Randy Lauff wrote:

> I must admit to selectively reading only about one or two postings
> on NatureNS a day, so I apologize if this has been posted already.
>
> This site is a wonderful example of our tax dollars at work. (Don't
> read sarcasm in that, I mean what I wrote!). Although there seems to
> be some finishing up to do (I couldn't get the link "send this view
> to a friend" to work), the air photos are wonderful and easy to
> navigate. I can almost see the solar panels on my shed, I can easily
> see the dormers on my house.
>
> https://ns.nfis.org/mapserver/ka-map/htdocs/
>
> I think this will be handy for the whole gamut of people who use
> nature, from naturalists to biologists.
>
> Randy
> _________________________________
> RF Lauff
> Way in the boonies of
> Antigonish County, NS.

--Boundary_(ID_IpuemqiCfveTanAVyMzEYA)

-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">About that NS map: I can't get =
the photos to work at all. &nbsp;The explanations are poor or lacking; =
the place-names are scattered all about, often far from where they =
belong; &nbsp;10-m contours are drawn crossing shorelines in my area (an =
impossibility). &nbsp;The shorelines are very rough and =
government project. &nbsp;It's certainly not up to Google Earth in =
wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><div>I must admit to selectively reading only about one or =
two postings on NatureNS a day, so I apologize if this has been posted =
our tax dollars at work. (Don't read sarcasm in that, I mean what I =
wrote!). Although there seems to be some finishing up to do (I couldn't =
get the link "send this view to a friend" to work), the air photos are =
wonderful and easy to navigate. I can almost see the solar panels on my =
shed, I can easily see the dormers on my house.</div> =
title=3D"https://ns.nfis.org/mapserver/ka-map/htdocs/" =
href=3D"https://ns.nfis.org/mapserver/ka-map/htdocs/" =
target=3D"_blank">https://ns.nfis.org/mapserver/ka-map/htdocs/</a></div><d=
people who use nature, from naturalists to biologists.</div> =
the boonies of<br>Antigonish County, =

--Boundary_(ID_IpuemqiCfveTanAVyMzEYA)--