[NatureNS] The passing of Barbara Shaw

Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 17:13:53 -0300
From: Sherman Williams <sherm@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_8UqCtAlSKK9TD1cbgmwCJQ)

Hi James,

Yes, I knew Barb too, and took note of her obituary in the newspaper =20
a few days ago.  Here is a link to it for anyone interested

http://jobspress.com/announcements/obituaries/shaw-barbara-louise-=20
=97-85-bridgewater-passed-away

I knew her as a fellow teacher.  We crossed paths at science =20
conferences and naturalist things.  Sept 2nd when I was standing on =20
the Bluff enjoying the view of Moon and Jupiter grouped together in =20
the twilight, I was thinking of Barb and dedicated the wonder and =20
beauty of the moment to her.

Also,sorry to read about your close encounter with a backhoe; that =20
was too close!!  Big trucks loaded with heavy cargoes and equipment =20
often travel much too fast.

Sherman

On 7/09/2009, at 9:43 PM, James Hirtle wrote:

> For those who went to the Federation of Nova Scotia Naturalists =20
> annual meetings a lot of you will remember Barbara Shaw.  She was =20
> my high school Biology Teacher.  Later she participated as a piping =20=

> plover guardian.  She has been a long time member of the South =20
> Shore Naturalists Club.  She passed away on Aug. 28.
>
> My mirror saga continues.  I was approaching the ferry yesterday =20
> just past the LaHave Bakery when a dump truck with a back hoe came =20
> roaring along in a 50 km zone and was clocking around 100 km.  The =20
> back hoe hit my driver side mirror smashing almost every shred of =20
> glass in it.  Glass flew inside of the car covering the front, back =20=

> and even into the trunk area.  The driver of the truck kept going =20
> and had no idea at all that his back hoe hit me.  I was very lucky =20
> that it hit my mirror and not the car.  If it had hit the car I =20
> would not have survived.  It makes one look long and hard at life =20
> and how quickly one can be removed from it.  A truck with a back =20
> hoe on a Sunday travelling at such a fast speed is the last thing =20
> that I expected to meet.
>
> James R. Hirtle
> Bayport
>
> New! Hotmail sign-in on the MSN homepage.

--Boundary_(ID_8UqCtAlSKK9TD1cbgmwCJQ)

-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">
obituary in the newspaper a few days ago. &nbsp;Here is a link to it for =
href=3D"http://jobspress.com/announcements/obituaries/shaw-barbara-louise-=
%E2%80%94-85-bridgewater-passed-away">http://jobspress.com/announcements/o=
bituaries/shaw-barbara-louise-=97-85-bridgewater-passed-away</a></div><div=
at science conferences and naturalist things. &nbsp;Sept 2nd when I was =
standing on the Bluff enjoying the view of Moon and Jupiter grouped =
together in the twilight, I was thinking of Barb and dedicated the =
wonder and beauty of the moment to =
your close encounter with a backhoe; that was too close!! &nbsp;Big =
trucks loaded with heavy cargoes and equipment often travel much too =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"font-family: Verdana; font-size: =
13px; ">For those who went to the Federation of Nova Scotia Naturalists =
annual meetings a lot of you will remember Barbara Shaw.&nbsp; She was =
my high school Biology Teacher.&nbsp; Later she participated as a piping =
plover guardian.&nbsp; She has been a long time member of the South =
Shore Naturalists Club.&nbsp; She passed away on Aug. =
28.<br>&nbsp;<br>My mirror saga continues.&nbsp; I was approaching the =
ferry yesterday just past the LaHave Bakery when a dump truck with a =
back hoe came roaring along in a 50 km zone and was clocking around 100 =
km.&nbsp; The back hoe hit my driver side mirror smashing almost every =
shred of glass in it.&nbsp; Glass flew inside of the car covering the =
front, back and even into the trunk area.&nbsp; The driver of the truck =
kept going and had no idea at all that his back hoe hit me.&nbsp; I was =
very lucky that it hit my mirror and not the car.&nbsp; If it had hit =
the car I would not have survived.&nbsp; It makes one look long and hard =
at life and how quickly one can be removed from it.&nbsp; A truck with a =
back hoe on a Sunday travelling at such a fast speed is the last thing =
that I expected to meet.<br>&nbsp;<br>James R. =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9677401" target=3D"_new">MSN =

--Boundary_(ID_8UqCtAlSKK9TD1cbgmwCJQ)--