[NatureNS] The passing of Barbara Shaw

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 00:43:42 +0000

--_d71f2eb5-de8d-461f-a26d-7d43d10f156c_

For those who went to the Federation of Nova Scotia Naturalists annual meet=
ings a lot of you will remember Barbara Shaw.  She was my high school Biolo=
gy Teacher.  Later she participated as a piping plover guardian.  She has b=
een a long time member of the South Shore Naturalists Club.  She passed awa=
y on Aug. 28.

=20

My mirror saga continues.  I was approaching the ferry yesterday just past =
the LaHave Bakery when a dump truck with a back hoe came roaring along in a=
 50 km zone and was clocking around 100 km.  The back hoe hit my driver sid=
e mirror smashing almost every shred of glass in it.  Glass flew inside of =
the car covering the front=2C back and even into the trunk area.  The drive=
r of the truck kept going and had no idea at all that his back hoe hit me. =
 I was very lucky that it hit my mirror and not the car.  If it had hit the=
 car I would not have survived.  It makes one look long and hard at life an=
d how quickly one can be removed from it.  A truck with a back hoe on a Sun=
day travelling at such a fast speed is the last thing that I expected to me=
et.

=20

James R. Hirtle

Bayport

New! Faster Messenger access on the new MSN homepage
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9677406=

--_d71f2eb5-de8d-461f-a26d-7d43d10f156c_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
</head>
For those who went to the Federation of Nova Scotia Naturalists annual meet=
ings a lot of you will remember Barbara Shaw.&nbsp=3B She was my high schoo=
l Biology Teacher.&nbsp=3B Later she participated as a piping plover guardi=
an.&nbsp=3B She has been a long time member of the South Shore Naturalists =
Club.&nbsp=3B She passed away on Aug. 28.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
My mirror saga continues.&nbsp=3B I was approaching the ferry yesterday jus=
t past the LaHave Bakery when a dump truck with a back hoe came roaring alo=
ng in a 50 km zone and was clocking around 100 km.&nbsp=3B The back hoe hit=
 my driver side mirror smashing almost every shred of glass in it.&nbsp=3B =
Glass flew inside of the car covering the front=2C back and even into the t=
runk area.&nbsp=3B The driver of the truck kept going and had no idea at al=
l that his back hoe hit me.&nbsp=3B I was very lucky that it hit my mirror =
and not the car.&nbsp=3B If it had hit the car I would not have survived.&n=
bsp=3B It makes one look long and hard at life and how quickly one can be r=
emoved from it.&nbsp=3B A truck with a back hoe on a Sunday travelling at s=
uch a fast speed is the last thing that I expected to meet.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR><br /><hr />New! Hotmail sign-in on the <a href=3D'http://go.mic=
rosoft.com/?linkid=3D9677401' target=3D'_new'>MSN homepage.</a></body>

--_d71f2eb5-de8d-461f-a26d-7d43d10f156c_--