[NatureNS] Radar of bird migration

From: Andrew Horn <aghorn@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 19:22:18 -0300

--Apple-Mail-2-892514957

Hi all,

For a neat perspective on migration as it happens, you might want to
check this site:  http://www.woodcreeper.com/.

It stays up to date with radar images of bird migration in the
northeast US, with easily understood interpretations of the images
(which otherwise would just look like a bunch of coloured blobs). The
images are downloaded from weather websites in the US.*

Cheers,
Andy Horn
Halifax

*Bird images are filtered from Canadian weather websites, because they
confuse the interpretation of weather patterns. So northeast US is the
best we can get for guessing at bird movements in our region.
--Apple-Mail-2-892514957

--Apple-Mail-2-892514957--