[NatureNS] Woodpeckers and hummers

From: uhoeger@dal.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 20:41:57 -0300

Hi Folks,

Yesterday I took advantage of the nice day and spent the afternoon visiting
"hummingbirdvalley".
Still a bunch of hummers around, but only a fraction in comparison to my
last visit 3 weeks back.  We were able to observe a single adult male trying
to claim a feeder, not very successful.
Lots of other birds around as well.  A large flock of Cedar waxwings,
confusing Fall warblers, and to my own surprise I was able to snap decent
pictures of three different species of woodpeckers within 5 minutes (Flickers,
Hairy, Piliated).

The woodpeckers along with some songbirds are the latest addition to my
website, a work in progress. See  www.dunlin.ca  for more.

Ulli

--
Ulli Hoeger