[NatureNS] Santalina Island?

From: "Roland McCormick" <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 21:19:49 -0300

I know where Chebogue River is - it goes from Arcadia down to about Little
Harbour, but I didn't know there was any part of it that was ever called
Chebogue Harbour.
        With regards to the point in question, I believe there are hundreds
of Islands between Yarmouth and Cape Island - many of them were once used by
fishermen during the sailing ship days when they were fishing for lobster.
The only ones who can tell you whether there was a Santalina among them
would be some of the old er fishermen.  Personally, my first thought was
that someone had started the word with an "S" instead of a "C". Catalina
Island is of course well know.

Roland.