[NatureNS] Canadian Coast Guard - Tern enemy

Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 09:18:40 -0300
From: Don MacNeill <donmacneill@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_T2q0kLCdPh1rRBBXtHQ5mw)

That is scandalous!  I purposely keep my boat away from the island although it is in my atlas square.  Any intruders cause the birds to fly up which allows Great Black-backed Gulls an opportunity to rush in and grab chicks.

A helicopter would have a terrible effect on the colony.

Don

Don MacNeill
donmacneill@eastlink.ca