[NatureNS] Wild Turkeys near Lumsden pond

Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:08:54 -0300
From: iamclar@DAL.CA
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca, David Dermott <dermott@ns.sympatico.ca>

Hi David, et al.

These birds show patches of white (unless that's feather shine) so are
not escaped pure Wild Turkeys, but are throughly contaminated with
domestic stock.

Similar birds were found among pure Wild strain on Seal I. for some
years before
becoming unregretably extirpated.

Quoting David Dermott <dermott@ns.sympatico.ca>:

snip, snip

>    I saw 4 turkeys (1 adult male + 3 hens) walking on the road.
> They didn't look normal commercially raised turkeys- a big smaller.

snip, snip>

So are these?: