[NatureNS] re: Info On Binoculars & Spotting Scopes

From: uhoeger@dal.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 11:01:08 -0300

> Thanksto allwho have given their thoughts &ideasregarding lightweight binoculars and spotting
> scopes (don't think I really need one of those, now that I know more about them).

Well, if one needs a scope I can't judge, but from my own experience a scope offers often
that special view that can not be had with binoculars -not just more magnification.
When I first looked at a singing bluethroat many years ago I saw a small brown bird on a
stick singing his heart out.  Then I had a chance to look at the same bird through a scope and
there was a bluethroat singing his heart out on this stick.  Needless to say I got my first scope
a short time later.
Even a cheap scope is better than no scope!

Ulli