[NatureNS] Re: Moonwort and story

Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 18:24:39 -0300
From: Joan Czapalay <joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: Lillian Perry <emlperry@ns.sympatico.ca>,

Rick Ballard wrote:
Thanks so much, Rick. This is a "new to me" fern. I have seen only
Botrychium virginianum (Virginia Grape fern) in Shelburne County. Since
these ferns are so small, I hope everyone is very careful of them when
walking in the area. At this time of year I cannot decide whether to
look up (at birds) or down (at plants) or ahead ( at Leps and Odes).
I am reminded of one of the founders of the NS Bird Society, Charlie
Allen, telling about a wonderful spring day when he took his favourite
fly rod, as well as his binoculars, along a favourite river. There  was
a  fall out of warblers in the bushes behind him, and a school of large
speckled trout dimpling the pool in front of him, and Charlie said, "I
didn't know whether to "swish" or "pissh" ". What a choice!
Cheers, Joan