[NatureNS] migrating blue jays?? at Cape Split on Sunday

Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 17:16:57 -0300
From: "Margaret E.Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Do you think maybe it could be the cedar waxwings maybe or would they be too
small? They are shorter than Blue jays but body wise somewhat similar,
maybe? We had a pile of them here yesterday, building all late afternoon and
evening. Well over a hundred I counted as best as I could, in one tree alone
(darn birds sift about all the time even when they are feeding ) coming in
groups of 10 or more......they appeared to be coming in from the east but
they do a lot of circling before ever they settle..........lots of their
chatter and buzzing. I wondered if they were eating petals, the bees, which
were prolific or maybe they were getting worms from the blooms. I haven't
seen any this afternoon at all.
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens
http://margmillard.ca