[NatureNS] Lawrenctown Beach May 23 Tricolored Heron

From: uhoeger@dal.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 19:28:12 -0300

This afternoon ~5 pm I was able to observe a Tricolored Heron in the marsh
behind Lawrencetown Beach.  The location was previous described by
Suzanne.  The bird is easy to miss, first I noticed only his head sticking out
of the reeds when a wind gust moved the white plume on its head. So we
are dealing here with an adult bird in breeding plumage. Later the bird
showed itself a bit better and I was able to get a few shoots.  Eventually I
lost it again in the reeds on the far end of the marsh were the road
intersection is.

I wasn't able to relocate the Great Egret.....

Cheers

Ulli