[NatureNS] PPP birds, Sandy Cove

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 18:49:02 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_021D_01C9D19F.FC7808A0

Yesterday evening, I visited PPP to see if I was lucky to find my first
Brown Creeper  this year at PPP.  I used to see one there often in the past,
but not lately.   The big surprise was a male Cardinal coming to feed on
sunflower seeds mysteriously left by someone, maybe Andy Horn?? Yesterday in
the drizzle, I got 13 species, two of them flying over, at that little seed
corner.  No sign of the creeper...

I decided to take Mom over to see the cardinal  this morning (Sunday)
morning for her Mother's day, but no luck. Too many walkers.

Saturday afternoon, I took Mom over to  the end of Sandy Cove to see if we
could find the male Orchard Oriole.  After some patience, he showed up in
the little sandy alcove [near where the sign was] sharing his space with a
few juncos and robins.  Good long looks at it.  It lasted 30 minutes.  We
noticed he was eating sand so that particles were all over his beak??   No
sign of the white crowned sparrow.

Cheers, liz

------=_NextPart_000_021D_01C9D19F.FC7808A0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Yesterday evening, I visited PPP to see if I was =
lucky to=20
find my first Brown Creeper&nbsp; this year at PPP.&nbsp; I used to see =
one=20
there&nbsp;often in the past, but not lately.&nbsp;&nbsp; The big =
surprise was a=20
male Cardinal coming to feed on sunflower seeds mysteriously left by =
someone,=20
maybe Andy Horn??&nbsp;Yesterday in the drizzle,&nbsp;I got 13 species, =
two of=20
them flying over,&nbsp;at that little seed corner.&nbsp;&nbsp;No sign of =
the=20
creeper...&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I decided to take Mom over to see the =
cardinal&nbsp; this=20
morning (Sunday) morning for her Mother's day, but no luck. Too many=20
walkers.&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Saturday afternoon, I took Mom over to&nbsp; the =
end of=20
Sandy Cove to see if we could find the male Orchard Oriole.&nbsp; After =
some=20
patience, he showed up in the little sandy alcove [near where the sign =
was]=20
sharing his space with a few juncos and robins.&nbsp; Good long looks at =

it.&nbsp; It lasted 30 minutes. &nbsp;We noticed he was eating sand so =
that=20
particles were all over his beak??&nbsp;&nbsp; No sign of the white =
crowned=20
sparrow. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Cheers, liz</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_021D_01C9D19F.FC7808A0--