[NatureNS] Palmeter Woods - Thurs

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:49:30 -0300

Took a short stroll in Palmeter Woods this morning and found N Flickers
calling almost everywhere I went, but generally it was rather quiet.
However, once into the wooded area, I found two Ruby-cr. Kinglets and
several Blue-headed  Vireos singing, while a few Yellow-rumped Warblers
flitted through the trees. Many Robins could be heard calling and at least
four Downy Woodpeckers were busily foraging up and down tree trunks, and a
Belted Kingfisher rattled his way across the landscape. I was also delighted
to observe a Mourning Cloak butterfly and a small ? White butterfly (not a
Cabbage White) flitting among the ground leaf litter.

Hopefully these woods will be more productive in time for the migration bird
count next week.  The weather was a little on the cool side but sunny and
very pleasant.

Cheers,
Judy Tufts

   Judy  Tufts