[NatureNS] Martinique Beach Piping Plovers

From: uhoeger@dal.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 20:46:01 -0300

I went down to Martinique Beach this afternoon to check for Plovers.
A very successful trip! I found two groups in close vicinity to each other on the far end of the
beach, maybe it was just one resting a bit spread out.  Anyway, I counted a total of 12 Piping
Plovers (8 + 4) for sure, but there were likely a couple of extra ones I could hear vocalizing
but not see.
At one point I also noticed a Willet calling from the saltmarsh behind the dune. It only called a
once a short sequence and I didn't see it, but the call is pretty unique so I am certain!

Finally a weekend with some nice weather

Cheers

Ulli