[NatureNS] Indigo Buntings, Summer Tanagers and others

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 02:33:39 +0000

--_d343dfa7-cd8b-412d-b9d1-9328516fb0f7_

Hi all:

=20

I knew that it was just a mater of time before indigo buntings arrived here=
 in Lunenburg County as they've been reported all around us.  So far I know=
 of one in Riverport=2C one in Feltzen South and one in Lower Northfield.  =
The oldest one of those three in regards to being here is from one week ago=
.

=20

In respect to summer tanagers=2C there is one in Broad Cove.  This bird arr=
ived today.  The two purple martins that were reported to me two weeks ago =
were also back there today and are at the residence of Eileen Morrison.  A =
lot of you will know where I'm referring to as you've been there.  It is al=
ong the Bear Trap Road.  The house is the last one by the pond before you t=
urn right and cross the bridge to Broad Cove Beach.  If coming from the oth=
er way after you cross the bridge you would turn left.  There is a cemetary=
 quite near the house.  It is the house on the shoreline of the pond area t=
here.

=20

The other summer tanager that I know of is at Lower Northfield.

=20

I have one other goodie=2C that I'll need to check out on Saturday if the w=
eather allows.  I won't get chance to get there before then as I hope to vi=
sit one of the Indigo bunting locations=2C and the location of the purple m=
artins and one summer tanager before I go to work in the morning.  Anyhow=
=2C this other bird from the description could quite possibly be a blue gro=
sbeak.  If it turns out to be such I'll try to get permission for others to=
 go see it as it is in a location which is private=2C but I have permission=
 to go there whenever I am in the area at Second Peninsula.

=20

Most of these reports except the one in Broad Cove are for the record.  If =
anyone local wants to see any of the birds at the other locations mentioned=
 contact me and I'll try to get permission for a visit there for us.  If yo=
u're going to be in the area from afar also get in touch with me.

=20

James R. Hirtle

East LaHave

=20

=20

Reinvent how you stay in touch with the new Windows Live Messenger.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9650731=

--_d343dfa7-cd8b-412d-b9d1-9328516fb0f7_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
</head>
Hi all:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I knew that it was just a mater of time before indigo buntings arrived here=
 in Lunenburg County as they've been reported all around us.&nbsp=3B So far=
 I know of one in Riverport=2C one in Feltzen South and one in Lower Northf=
ield.&nbsp=3B The oldest one of those three in regards to being here is fro=
m one week ago.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
In respect to summer tanagers=2C there is one in Broad Cove.&nbsp=3B This b=
ird arrived today.&nbsp=3B The two purple martins that were reported to me =
two weeks ago were also back there today and are at the residence of Eileen=
 Morrison.&nbsp=3B A lot of you will know where I'm referring to as you've =
been there.&nbsp=3B It is along the Bear Trap Road.&nbsp=3B The house is th=
e last one by the pond before you turn right and cross the bridge to Broad =
Cove Beach.&nbsp=3B If coming from the other way after you cross the bridge=
 you would turn left.&nbsp=3B There is a cemetary quite near the house.&nbs=
p=3B It is the house on the shoreline of the pond area there.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
The other summer tanager that I know of is at Lower Northfield.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I have one other goodie=2C that I'll need to check out on Saturday if the w=
eather allows.&nbsp=3B I won't get chance to get there before then as I hop=
e to visit one of the Indigo bunting locations=2C and the location of the p=
urple martins and one summer tanager before I go to work in the morning.&nb=
sp=3B Anyhow=2C this other bird from the description could quite possibly b=
e a blue grosbeak.&nbsp=3B If it turns out to be such I'll try to get permi=
ssion for others to go see it as it is in a location which is private=2C bu=
t I have permission to go there whenever I am in the area at Second Peninsu=
la.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Most of these reports except the one in Broad Cove are for the record.&nbsp=
=3B If anyone local wants to see any of the birds at the other locations me=
ntioned contact me and I'll try to get permission for a visit there for us.=
&nbsp=3B If you're going to be in the area from afar also get in touch with=
 me.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
East LaHave<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR><br /><hr />Windows Live Messenger makes it easier to stay in t=
ouch - <a href=3D'http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9650731' target=3D'_new=
'>learn how!</a></body>

--_d343dfa7-cd8b-412d-b9d1-9328516fb0f7_--