[NatureNS] Do chickens belong on bird lists?

From: "Eddie Chapman" <echapman@online.no>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 22:37:47 +0100

Hello all
Suzanne, I personally don't count them but many years ago I took part in a
prestigious bird race on the small island of Utsira here in Western Norway
http://birdwatch.brinkster.net/index-filer/Page4313.htm

As it was an island there was only about 70 species to be found that day,
but none the less birders searched high and low, hoping to find a species
that no other had seen. On one of the farms the farmer had 3 Red Italian
hens, so just for a bit of fun, I added these to my days list. Of an evening
when we were going through the results and proclaiming the days winner my
name was read out with just one species. Yes, thanks to those Red Italian's,
I was the winner. I still laugh about it.

Merry Christmas one and all,
Eddie Chapman, Voss, Norway.
Observations: http://www.birdwatchnorway.com/birdscan_015.htm