[NatureNS] sick and dead mourning doves, was Storm Birds

From: "Eddie Chapman" <echapman@online.no>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 08:19:19 +0100

Hallo all,
Here in Voss, Western Norway our local population of Eurasian Collared Doves
was wiped out within a week. A local vet told me that doves are prone to get
infected with what he called (translated from Norwegian) dove pest. It is a
virus sickness. Maybe the Mourning Doves have this.

Regards,
Eddie Chapman, Voss, Norway.
Observations from Norway. http://www.birdwatchnorway.com/birdscan_015.htm