[NatureNS] Spring Peepers in Digby County

Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:11:40 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: "P.L. Chalmers" <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>
Cc: John@chebucto.ns.ca, Gilhen@chebucto.ns.ca

--=====================_724703==.ALT

Hi there,

         From the opposite end of the province to Jeannie's reports:

         I was on Brier Island this past weekend, and noted Spring
Peepers calling at several locations.  On November 9th, one was
calling at 4:45  from the ditches along the road to Western
Light.  On November 10th, between 2 and 3 pm., I heard Spring Peepers
calling near Lily Lake in Sandy Cove, and near the Tiddville Ponds,
on the Digby Neck.

         Cheers,

         Patricia L. Chalmers
         Halifax

>>From: John Gilhen <<mailto:GILHENJA@gov.ns.ca>GILHENJA@gov.ns.ca>
>>Date: November 11, 2008 9:40:07 AM AST
>>To: "James W. Wolford"
>><<mailto:jimwolford@eastlink.ca>jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
>>Cc: <mailto:jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca>jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca
>>Subject: Re: peepers heard Nov. 8 -- was a few pictures
>>
>>Hi Jim;
>>I would like to make a record for the Spring Peeper files. It would
>>be nice to include one of Jeannie Shermerhorn's images of a Spring
>>Peeper. I have been road driving on Route # 212 (Airport to
>>Elderbank) for amphibians and heard individual Spring Peepers
>>calling from nearby woodlands on the  wet nights of 7th, 8th and
>>9th November 2008. I'm not surprised that Jeannie has heard Spring
>>Peepers but we really should document her observation from a
>>distant northeastern locality in Nova Scotia.
>>Sincerely
>>John

>>From: Jeannie Shermerhorn
>><<mailto:jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca>jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca>
>>Date: November 10, 2008 10:01:40 AM AST
>>To: <mailto:naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
>>Subject: [NatureNS] a few pictures
>>
>>I think I must have slept through fall and winter because I was
>>hearing peepers on the evening of Nov 8th and the next morning the
>>robins were singing! Here are a few photos taken recently.
>><http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2983991630025930195wdAzSw>http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2983991630025930195wdAzSw
>>

>>Jeannie Shermerhorn

--=====================_724703==.ALT

Hi there,<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>From the
opposite end of the province to Jeannie's reports:<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>I was on
Brier Island this past weekend, and noted Spring Peepers calling at
several locations.&nbsp; On November 9th, one was calling at 4:45&nbsp;
from the ditches along the road to Western Light.&nbsp; On November 10th,
between 2 and 3 pm., I heard Spring Peepers calling near Lily Lake in
Sandy Cove, and near the Tiddville Ponds, on the Digby Neck.<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Cheers,<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Patricia
L. Chalmers<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Halifax<br>
&lt;GILHENJA@gov.ns.ca&gt;<br>
<b>To: </b>&quot;James W. Wolford&quot;
&lt;jimwolford@eastlink.ca
&gt;<br>
<b>Cc:
</b>jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca
<b>Subject: Re: peepers heard Nov. 8 -- was a few pictures<br>
Hi Jim;<br>
I would like to make a record for the Spring Peeper files. It would be
nice to include one of Jeannie Shermerhorn's images of a Spring Peeper. I
have been road driving on Route # 212 (Airport to Elderbank) for
amphibians and heard individual Spring Peepers calling from nearby
woodlands on the&nbsp; wet nights of 7th, 8th and 9th November 2008. I'm
not surprised that Jeannie has heard Spring Peepers but we really should
document her observation from a distant northeastern locality in Nova
Scotia.<br>
Sincerely<br>
&lt;jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca
&gt;<br>