[NatureNS] Wentwroth robins and oberservations

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ca.
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 09:21:47 -0400

Late in the day of last Friday, I noticed two bobbing birds on our lawn at
Wentworth, Cumberland Co. They looked like robins, acted like robins
and when looked at thru binoculars, they were robins. I have to ask and
wonder if these are the ones who winter visit with us from
Newfoundland?
This wasn't the first sighting of them. The house parent, at the
International Hostel up the road from us, saw robins on their lawn this
past week as well.
As a  rule all summer and fall I heard an owl late in the day and into the
evening but this weekend the only bird life I heard were the abundant
Chickadees. Prehaps the gun fire from the first day of hunting quieted the
birds. The hunters  were busy up there on Friday evening.It sounded like
a rifle shoot competition. I think the only deer killed was by the train
Saturday night not by hunters. Heather Drope Wentworth/Halifax