[NatureNS] beaver - size estimation

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:20:16 -0300 (ADT)
From: bdigout@seaside.ns.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Steve,
  I'm not sure about spacing of teeth, but normally you can estimate the
size of the beaver by the height of cuts on the trees, or in this case
the alders.   Beavers often cut trees while propped up on their hind
feet, using their tail for balance.  If the cuts are close to two feet
high or more, you have a large beaver. I hope that helps.
Billy