[NatureNS] Birds Sept. 19 and this morning

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 02:11:11 +0000

--_e87015cf-d10a-45b3-bc68-1fc56a83cfbc_

On September 19=2C Pat and I took a run to Cape Sable Island.  We stopped a=
t Thoms Canteen at Port Clyde on the way and at the house across the street=
 there was a nice grouping of birds.  There were 5 black & white warblers=
=2C 8 palm warblers=2C one red-eyed vireo=2C one magnolia warbler=2C one Am=
erican redstart and 6 yellow-rumped warblers with other species.  There wer=
e a large number of birds behind the house flitting around also=2C but this=
 is private property and we could not go on to it to see what else was ther=
e.
=20
Of note in our travels were two osprey at Cape Sable Island.  Two American =
Pipits at Daniels Head.  The other species that we observed on CSI were all=
 those=2C which had been seen and reported before.  Bacarro was the quietes=
t that I've ever seen it.  Port Clyde produced another nice fall out of war=
blers at a different location just before the village.  There were at least=
 30 yellow-rumped warblers=2C a northern parula=2C and two palm warblers.
=20
Geese were moving with about 100 in flight near Port Joli and another 10 or=
 so near Shelburne.
=20
I took a quick run to Conrad's Island at Lower Rose Bay before going to wor=
k today.  There were roughly 44 yellow-rumped warblers and one Yellow warbl=
er there.  I counted 21 Savannah Sparrows=2C but did not have time to go ou=
t to the point where most of the sparrows usually tend.  Fourteen lesser ye=
llow-legs were nice to see.  Of course there were lots of other species abo=
ut also. =20
=20
On the way to work=2C I saw a swallow flying over the road=2C but did not h=
ave time to stop for ID.
=20
James R. Hirtle
East LaHave

--_e87015cf-d10a-45b3-bc68-1fc56a83cfbc_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt=3B
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
On September 19=2C Pat and I took a run to Cape Sable Island.&nbsp=3B We st=
opped at Thoms Canteen at Port Clyde on the way and at the house across the=
 street there was a nice grouping of birds.&nbsp=3B There were 5 black &amp=
=3B white warblers=2C 8 palm warblers=2C one red-eyed vireo=2C one magnolia=
 warbler=2C one American redstart and 6 yellow-rumped warblers with other s=
pecies.&nbsp=3B There were a large number of birds behind the house flittin=
g around also=2C but this is private property and we could not go on to it =
to see what else was there.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Of note in our travels were two osprey at Cape Sable Island.&nbsp=3B Two Am=
erican Pipits at Daniels Head.&nbsp=3B The other species that we observed o=
n CSI were all those=2C which had been seen and reported before.&nbsp=3B Ba=
carro was the quietest that I've ever seen it.&nbsp=3B Port Clyde produced =
another nice fall out of warblers at a different location just before the v=
illage.&nbsp=3B There were at least 30 yellow-rumped warblers=2C a northern=
 parula=2C and two palm warblers.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Geese were moving with about 100 in flight near Port Joli and another 10 or=
 so near Shelburne.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I took a quick run to Conrad's Island at Lower Rose Bay before going to wor=
k today.&nbsp=3B There were roughly 44 yellow-rumped warblers and one Yello=
w warbler there.&nbsp=3B I counted 21 Savannah Sparrows=2C but did not have=
 time to go out to the point where most of the sparrows usually tend.&nbsp=
=3B Fourteen lesser yellow-legs were nice to see.&nbsp=3B Of course there w=
ere lots of other species about also.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
On the way to work=2C I saw a swallow flying over the road=2C but did not h=
ave time to stop for ID.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
East LaHave<BR><br /><hr />Use Windows Live Messenger to send messages to y=
our buddies on their mobile phones <a href=3D'http://www.pc2mobile.ca' targ=
et=3D'_new'>Find out more on our PC to Mobile website</a></body>

--_e87015cf-d10a-45b3-bc68-1fc56a83cfbc_--