[NatureNS] Birds Today

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 17:07:15 +0000

--_0665b669-2c4a-4bd0-ac99-44938bfa830f_

A wet day=2C but not to be daunted by the weather=2C Janice Kenefick and I =
took a run to some of my favorite sites. =20
=20
Of note:
=20
Fauxburg Trail: =20
=20
Gray Catbird 2
Red-eyed Vireo 2
Cedar Waxwing 4
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
Black & White Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 1
=20
Clearland Trail
=20
Common Yellowthroat 1
Red-eyed Vireo 3
Northern Cardinal 2 M and F (male very aggressive and chasing a blue jay al=
l over the place)
Blackpoll Warbler 2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Blackburnian Warbler 1
Northern Parula 2
Gray Catbird 2
Chestnut-sided Warbler 2
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
=20
Oakland
=20
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Blackpoll Warbler 2
Black-throated Green Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 1
=20
Lots of Yellow-rumped warblers everywhere.
=20
=20
Double-crested cormorants on that side only.
=20
I forgot to mention that last Sunday at Western Head=2C there were all grea=
t cormorants.  We saw about five.  Shortly after that all week I've been se=
eing great cormorants only along the LaHave River.  Therefore there seems t=
o have been a push in for them over the past week locally.
=20
We saw lots of other birds outside of what I mentioned above today.  Well n=
ot spectacular numbers=2C but about 40 species=2C which is not bad for a fe=
w hours and considering the weather.
=20
James R. Hirtle
East LaHave
=20

--_0665b669-2c4a-4bd0-ac99-44938bfa830f_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt=3B
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
A wet day=2C but not to be daunted by the weather=2C Janice Kenefick and I =
took a run to some of my favorite sites.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Of note:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Fauxburg Trail:&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Gray Catbird 2<BR>
Red-eyed Vireo 2<BR>
Cedar Waxwing 4<BR>
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1<BR>
Black &amp=3B White Warbler 1<BR>
Common Yellowthroat 1<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Clearland Trail<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Common Yellowthroat 1<BR>
Red-eyed Vireo 3<BR>
Northern Cardinal 2 M and F (male very aggressive and chasing a blue jay al=
l over the place)<BR>
Blackpoll Warbler 2<BR>
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1<BR>
Blackburnian Warbler 1<BR>
Northern Parula 2<BR>
Gray Catbird 2<BR>
Chestnut-sided Warbler 2<BR>
White-breasted Nuthatch 1<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Oakland<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1<BR>
Blackpoll Warbler 2<BR>
Black-throated Green Warbler 1<BR>
Common Yellowthroat 1<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Lots of Yellow-rumped warblers everywhere.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Double-crested cormorants on that side only.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I forgot to mention that last Sunday at Western Head=2C there were all grea=
t cormorants.&nbsp=3B We saw about five.&nbsp=3B Shortly after that all wee=
k I've been seeing great cormorants only along the LaHave River.&nbsp=3B Th=
erefore there seems to have been a push in for them over the past week loca=
lly.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
We saw lots of other birds outside of what I mentioned above today.&nbsp=3B=
 Well not spectacular numbers=2C but about 40 species=2C which is not bad f=
or a few hours and considering the weather.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
East LaHave<BR>

--_0665b669-2c4a-4bd0-ac99-44938bfa830f_--