[NatureNS] Epipactis helleborine in Smileys Park

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:18:33 -0300

Hello Sherman and all,, Last year  I led a field trip for the Nature Canada
conference and it was at Smileys Park.. At that time we encountered
E.hellebonine very near the Canada Lily.. and in fact this was a pure
white version. I didn't report it as I didn't think is was a special find
knowing that it is up at Blomindon Park and also nearby Smileys on some
intervale land. I feel that if anyone has it popping up in their garden,
leave it and enjoy. Heather D.ps. we found quite a few 'gone off' ones on
the Wolfville Watershed property.