[NatureNS] a positive aside on Japanese Knotweed

Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 00:51:49 -0300
From: "Margaret E.Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

well I can't get to mow it, it is growing up through a jumble of dumped
concrete. I mow where I can get to flat and stopped digging it as I realised
that was fruitless, but this spring I did try pouring acid I purchased from
a fish plant down into the stalks but it didn't bat an eye. It has travelled
across our yard and now is in the ditch across the road and I do worry about
that blocking up the culverts as we can get a lot of water coming through
there in a tropical storm. As I said birds love it.
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens
http://margmillard.ca