[NatureNS] Good Birding Today

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 00:27:11 +0000

--_860069ac-dcb0-4a49-b0a3-101f0af6e403_

I took a vacation day to take George Lowe=2C his daughter Melanie and her p=
artner who is a first time birder out and about.  We went to Cape Sable Isl=
and=2C Bacarro and along to Port Clyde.  It was a good day with 65 species =
and considering that the coast was fogged in solid for half the day I was w=
ell pleased with what we saw.
=20
Now to the birds of interest.  There were twelve whimbrels and a juvenile s=
olitary sandpiper at Bacarro.
=20
We ran into two nice groups of migrants along near and in Port Clyde.  The =
one group of migrants had an olive-sided flycatcher.
=20
In the other group of migrants compised mainly of warblers there was a blue=
-winged warbler.  This was at the entrance to the road that goes down to wh=
ere you can pan the inside of Port Clyde just over the Bridge.  It was out =
by the main road across from the entrance to the dirt road that Donna alway=
s takes us down on her field trip early in the year.
=20
The other good bird for me today was white-winged crossbills=2C which have =
eluded me all year until now.  These were in Port Medway.
=20
Have to get some shut eye before Seal Island tomorrow=2C so take care all.
=20
James R. Hirtle
East LaHave
If you like crossword puzzles=2C then you'll love Flexicon=2C a game which =
combines four overlapping crossword puzzles into one!
http://g.msn.ca/ca55/208=

--_860069ac-dcb0-4a49-b0a3-101f0af6e403_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt=3B
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
I took a vacation day to take George Lowe=2C his daughter Melanie and her p=
artner who is a first time birder out and about.&nbsp=3B We went to Cape Sa=
ble Island=2C Bacarro and along to Port Clyde.&nbsp=3B It was a good day wi=
th 65 species and considering that the coast was fogged in solid for half t=
he day I was well pleased with what we saw.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Now to the birds of interest.&nbsp=3B There were twelve whimbrels and a juv=
enile solitary sandpiper at Bacarro.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
We ran into two nice groups of migrants along near and in Port Clyde.&nbsp=
=3B The one group of migrants had an olive-sided flycatcher.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
In the other group of migrants compised mainly of warblers there was a blue=
-winged warbler.&nbsp=3B This was at the entrance to the road that goes dow=
n to where you can pan the inside of Port Clyde just over the Bridge.&nbsp=
=3B It was out by the main road across from the entrance to the dirt road t=
hat Donna always takes us down on her field trip early in the year.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
The other good bird for me today was white-winged crossbills=2C which have =
eluded me all year until now.&nbsp=3B These were in Port Medway.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Have to get some shut eye before Seal Island tomorrow=2C so take care all.<=

&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>

--_860069ac-dcb0-4a49-b0a3-101f0af6e403_--