[NatureNS] Feeder bird population.

From: "Dave/Sharon" <dash.bi@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 07:26:24 -0300

My feeder presently has an average of two birds per day, one P Finch, which
seems to be healthy and a Junco. An occasional Amer G Finch may show up.
Not a Chicadee to be seen. Previous summers the count would average 20+ Gold
& Purple finch, 4-5 Siskin, 10-15 Chicadee & 2 Cardinals which have nested
here for the past 2 seasons.
Usually a large 17 K bag of seed would last 3 weeks, I have used less than
half a bag all spring & summer.  Are our feeders causing this?
Dave
Brier