[NatureNS] Re: Purple Finch Deaths

Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 22:10:40 -0300
From: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

About 10 days ago I was sitting on our deck and observed a female or
immature Purple Finch with large growths around one eye.  She didn't
appear to see me, and she sat for some time with her eyes closed,
apparently resting.  She was very thin.  I was thinking of trying to
catch her and take her to Helene von Doninck, but she flew off and did
not reappear.

Lois Codling
L. Sackville