[NatureNS] hawks

From: <joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 8:07:59 -0400

Broad-winged Hawks seem most likely, Angela. Check the tails. I had three Broad Wings cicling over the side deck here in Halifax south one day recently.
I have never seen more than a single Red-shouldered Hawk in NS, and rarely; and have never seen Rough -leggeds in the summer. How about young Red-tailed Hawks testing their wings? Cheers, Joan