[NatureNS] Fireflies

From: "D W Bridgehouse" <d.bridgehouse@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:54:14 -0300

&amp;nbsp;Lucidota,&amp;nbsp;Phosphaenus,&lt;/i&gt; and&amp;nb

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C8E671.8388E960

Chris et al - interestingly to further add to Chris ' info below there was
another study in which female fireflies from another genus would mimic the
"flash pattern " of a female of another genus that would be trying to
attract a  suitor/mate and that female imitator would then predate on the
unsuspecting male of that species.  Maybe the male would have to flash S-O-S
so to speak .

Cheers , DB