[NatureNS] Large Red Maple - can you beat this

From: "Roland McCormick" <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 21:41:28 -0300

I notice the references below to the large hemlocks in the Berwick
campgrounds.  I have been wondering if they were still there. Fifty years
ago I heard them speak often of the big pines in the campground. One Sunday
I dropped in for the church service being held there, and was amazed to find
that the trees were all hemlocks - the largest hemlock that I have ever
seen. With another fifty years growth they must now be huge.

Roland