[NatureNS] Fading amphibians

Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:36:17 -0300
From: Joan Czapalay <joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: John Gilhen <GILHENJA@gov.ns.ca>

On Friday,13th June (4 to 4:20pm) David Erskine and friend found and
measured and returned ten Red-backed Salamanders to their garden homes
at 1370 Beaufort Avenue. I believe six were found in or near the old
stone wall and four in the shade garden behind the house. No spotted
salamanders were found. This is consistent with the past seven or eight
years. We'll keep checking.  Joan