[NatureNS] Global Warming (more)

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 21:12:38 -0400
From: "Paul S. Boyer" <psboyer@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Steve,

Yes, I was talking about the extreme.  Long before the earth is
actually engulfed by the sun, temperatures will rise and drive off all
the water.  It will be all over.

Of course, that is a long, long way off.

The extinction of large mammals in North America after the end of the
last glaciation is blamed on human activity.  Humans also killed off
flightless birds in many parts of the world.

As for the prediction of mass human deaths in Africa, this is to be
expected more from overpopulation than from global warming.  It may
happen without any climate change.

—Paul