[NatureNS] Conrad's, east marsh outlet

From: "David&Jane Schlosberg" <dschlosb-g@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:07:58 -0300

Yesterday afternoon, when there was a strong riptide near the outlet of the
east marsh and Lawrencetown lake at Conrad's beach (HRM), we saw a lone duck
diving in the rip.  It was brown with a white breast, light-colored beak and
sloping forehead.  We saw it fly, and there wasn't any other white visible,
although I sort of thought I saw some lighter spots on its back.  It came
closest to the description of female Barrow's goldeneye in our book.  Could
it have been?  Has anyone else seen a Barrow's goldeneye nearby?

On Sunday we saw yellow warblers at Cleveland beach.

Jane Schlosberg