[NatureNS] bears and Barred owls

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:57:02 -0300

I have to wonder too if there are more bears around this year... I have
seen one every time I've been up in the Wallace Highlands and then a
customer told me he had seen one near the road side over in the
Tatamagouche area. First for him.
We have them in Wentworth, Cumberland Co., but I have yet to see one
in the yard. Don't want to either.
I got excited this past weekend by the barred owl(s) hooting. One started
in the late afternoon for two days running.Different directions each time.
Somewhere there is a nest or two.
Saw a Piliated woodpecker going about his/her business as well.
Right now the woods up there are alive with bird sound and it is
wonderful to hear.
Heather D.