[NatureNS] Nelsons sharp tailed sparrow

From: Dennis Hippern <dhippern@hotmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 01:42:48 -0300

--_9d8d88ef-83c5-40a4-9cbc-9630cda8fcf7_

Hi All,
   On Saturday, June 07/08, I did my first survey of the year for the Leath=
erback Turtle
survey Group on Rainbow Haven Beach, Cole Harbour. I found no jelly fish. A=
lthough a friend
told me that he had seen jelly (sp ?) fish in Halifax Harbour on that day.
   Since this area is also in my Breeding Birds Survey Square I took the op=
portunity to check for
birds in the marsh area behind the beach. Willet are vocal and visable and =
protecting territory.
    I saw one Nelson Sharp Tailed Sparrow ,3 Song Sparrow, and either 6 ind=
ividual Savanah
Sparrows or one very inquisitive individual, who seemed to appear in every =
bush ahead of me
as I made my way across the marsh. ( I did not see more than one in any one=
 field of view.)
Cheers
Dennis Hippern (DHH)
Cole Harbour

--_9d8d88ef-83c5-40a4-9cbc-9630cda8fcf7_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
Hi All,<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; On Saturday, June 07/08, I did my first survey of the year for=
 the Leatherback Turtle<BR>
survey Group on Rainbow Haven Beach, Cole Harbour. I found no jelly fish. A=
lthough a friend<BR>
told me that he had seen jelly (sp ?) fish in Halifax Harbour on that day.<=

&nbsp;&nbsp; Since this area is also in my Breeding Birds Survey Square I t=
ook the opportunity to&nbsp;check for<BR>
birds in the marsh area behind the beach. Willet are vocal and visable and =
protecting territory.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I saw one Nelson Sharp Tailed Sparrow ,3 Song Sparrow, a=
nd either 6 individual Savanah<BR>
Sparrows or one very inquisitive individual, who seemed to appear in every =
bush ahead of me<BR>
as I made my way across the marsh. ( I did not see more than one in any one=
 field of view.)<BR>
Cheers<BR>
Dennis Hippern (DHH)<BR>

--_9d8d88ef-83c5-40a4-9cbc-9630cda8fcf7_--