[NatureNS] when to plant / Lady's Slipper plants

From: "Joyce Norris" <whuzzy@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 18:44:03 -0300

  last two winter

------=_NextPart_000_00E4_01C8C805.4AC204C0

HI Jane:

Thx for the email. I am in Windsor. My dog goes to the vets behind Fultz =
House for chemotherapy and I walk him through that little park every =
week. Other years, the cantaloupes would just be setting on then it was =
too cold for them, same with the peppers - it took so long before they =
could be put out that by the time actual peppers were appearing it was =
too cold.

I was often hearing the moon response at Blomidon Nurseries. Every year =
I would overhear a conversation about when the customer should set their =
transplants or vegetables out and I remember the response having to do =
with the moon in June - I thought full moon. Other years I have gone =
with June 7th to 10th but with the Full Moon on the 3rd this year I was =
just curious if anyone else had any thoughts on this. With it going down =
to zero last night, I was glad I didn't have anything much out.

I went to the Fultz House website and saw they weren't open until July =
but I sent them an email about possibly putting a sign up not to pick =
Lady's Slippers. I know not to pick them but since I did see several =
plants with only leaves I imagine others don't (or just say the heck =
with it and pick them).

Joyce
  ----- Original Message -----=20