[NatureNS] ID help - two dragonflies and a butterfly

Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 18:44:18 -0300
From: Phil Schappert <philjs@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

At 04:19 PM 6/2/2008, D W Bridgehouse wrote:
>Hi - Ode #1 I believe is H.cordulia Ode #2 is L.quadramaculata, Lep looks
>like a dorsal Juvenals Duskywing (E.juvenalis)

Can't help with the odes but the skipper is definitely Erynnis
juvenalis -- the two pale spots near the apex of the leading edge of
the under-hindwing are diagnostic...

Phil

--

Dr. Phil Schappert

27 Clovis Ave.
Halifax, NS Canada, B3P 1J3
Home: 902-404-5679
Cell: 902-460-8343

www.philschappert.com
www.aworldforbutterflies.com

"Just let imagination lead, reality will follow through..."
                                             Michael Hedges