[NatureNS] Kingston Victoriavale Middleton

From: Patrick Giffin <p_giffin@hotmail.com>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 15:14:43 -0300

--_1aeea6f4-268a-44a8-8253-6ebc66228640_

Hi:
Barbara and I travelled from Kingston to Middleton via Victoriavale(Phinney=
's Pond) 0930-1100, May 29
Marshall Rd. just north of the 101:
*pairs: Red-eyed Vireo, Yellow Warbler, Song Sparrow, A. Goldfinch
Indiv: N. Flicker
Marshall Rd. at Walker's Brook
Indiv: 2 Cedar Waxwings, Common Yellowthroat, Chipping Sparrow, 21 Tree Swa=
llows, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks
Pairs: Chestnut-sided Warblers,  E. Phoebe(2 adult males carrying food unde=
r bridge), Rose-breasted Grosebeaks, Song Sparrows
Melvern Square:
pairs: Red-winged Blackbird, A. Goldfinch, Song Sparrow,=20
Indiv: A. Crows, C. Raven
Ruggles Rd. North of 221
Black&White Warblers, A. Goldfinch, Chesnut-sided Warblers
Phinney's Pond:
several Black&White Warblers, Chestnut-sided Warblers, RT Hawk, Chipping Sp=
arrows, Common Yellowthroats, male Ruby-throated Hummingbird, 11 pair of ad=
ult Canada Geese, 1 pair with 7 goslings, 1 pair with 3 goslings, 4 Painted=
 Turtles
Victoria Rd Overpass & just north of overpass Middleton
nesting Cliff Swallows, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Yellow Warblers, Song Spar=
rows, Red-winged Blackbirds
Home:pair of Ruby-throated Blackbirds
Miscellaneous:Blackflies, Mosquitos, were not evident, likely thanks to for=
ceful breezes
*Based on behaviour, and male, female feildmarks
Last Friday: we had a call from Brian Wilkins, Wilmot. He observed a juv. G=
reat-horned Owl being harassed by a RT Hawk and several A. Crows, we sugges=
ted contacting DNR. DNR responded rapidly, the owl was trapped, caged and i=
s in Schubenacadie Raptor Rehab. Thanks to Brian. Thanks to Richard for adv=
ising us that the Owl was a juv. GHO not a juv Barred as we had originally =
reported.
Cheers, Barbara and Pat
If you like crossword puzzles, then you'll love Flexicon, a game which comb=
ines four overlapping crossword puzzles into one!
http://g.msn.ca/ca55/208=

--_1aeea6f4-268a-44a8-8253-6ebc66228640_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
Hi:<BR>
Barbara and I travelled from Kingston to Middleton via Victoriavale(Phinney=
's Pond) 0930-1100, May 29<BR>
<U>Marshall Rd. just north of the 101:</U><BR>
*pairs: Red-eyed Vireo, Yellow Warbler, Song Sparrow, A. Goldfinch<BR>
Indiv: N. Flicker<BR>
<U>Marshall Rd. at Walker's Brook</U><BR>
Indiv: 2 Cedar Waxwings, Common Yellowthroat, Chipping Sparrow, 21 Tree Swa=
llows, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks<BR>
Pairs: Chestnut-sided Warblers,&nbsp; E. Phoebe(2 adult males carrying food=
 under bridge), Rose-breasted Grosebeaks, Song Sparrows<BR>
<U>Melvern Square:</U><BR>
pairs: Red-winged Blackbird, A. Goldfinch, Song Sparrow, <BR>
Indiv: A. Crows, C. Raven<BR>
<U>Ruggles Rd. North of 221</U><BR>
Black&amp;White Warblers, A. Goldfinch, Chesnut-sided Warblers<BR>
<U>Phinney's Pond:</U><BR>
several Black&amp;White Warblers, Chestnut-sided Warblers, RT Hawk, Chippin=
g Sparrows, Common Yellowthroats, male Ruby-throated Hummingbird, 11 pair o=
f adult Canada Geese, 1 pair with 7 goslings, 1 pair with 3 goslings, 4 Pai=
nted Turtles<BR>
<U>Victoria Rd Overpass &amp; just north of overpass Middleton</U><BR>
nesting Cliff Swallows, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Yellow Warblers, Song Spar=
rows, Red-winged Blackbirds<BR>
<U>Home:</U>pair of Ruby-throated Blackbirds<BR>
<U>Miscellaneous:</U>Blackflies, Mosquitos, were not evident, likely thanks=
 to forceful breezes<BR>
*Based on behaviour, and male, female feildmarks<BR>
Last Friday: we had a call from Brian Wilkins, Wilmot. He observed a juv. G=
reat-horned Owl being harassed by a RT Hawk and several A. Crows, we sugges=
ted contacting DNR. DNR responded rapidly, the owl was trapped, caged and i=
s in Schubenacadie Raptor Rehab. Thanks to Brian. Thanks to Richard for adv=
ising us that the Owl was a juv. GHO not a juv Barred as we had originally =
reported.<BR>
Cheers, Barbara and Pat<BR><br /><hr /> </=
body>

--_1aeea6f4-268a-44a8-8253-6ebc66228640_--