[NatureNS] Re: Tricoloured Heron in Lawrencetown, HRM - Update

From: "Ulli Hoeger" <uhoeger@dal.ca>
To: NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 09:57:44 -0300
CC: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi,

I went down yesterday mid morning to try for the Tricoloured Heron in
Lawrencetown.  I dipped on it and left ~11:40 without having seen any
heron.  Cruel to learn how close I missed it.  Well, it was a half
hearted attempt anyway as I was keen to get to the Valley to feed the
Blackflies.  Had more success with those without even trying hard....

Maybe I will give it another try tonight after work...... to the find
the heron.

Ulli

P.S.  Just to confirm the location.  We are talking about
Lawrencetown Beach and the ponds/marsh across the road from the beach
parking lot with the canteen/life guard building.