[NatureNS] New Yard bird

From: "Roland McCormick" <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 18:58:22 -0300

Rose breasted grosbeak
Male cardinal.
     My daughter, home for the long weekend, came in to the house saying she
could hear a cardinal in the tall trees up back. A few minutes later a
beautiful male landed in the back yard. Minutes later a new bird for the
year landed in the driveway - a rose breasted grosbeak. At the same time six
male goldfinch were at one of the nyger feeders. All beautiful birds to be
out in the heavy rain.
Junkos - a half dozen or more
Pine siskins - about the same number
Blue jays - mourning doves - downy woodpecker - a couple of sparrows
(probably white throat), chickadees,
etc.
I was down to sandhills yesterday - it is not open yet but should be open
soon.

Roland.