[NatureNS] Song sparrow nest

From: "Jon Percy" <jon-percy@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "Naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 16:07:34 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8B76E.F399FD20

Found a song sparrow nest yesterday while trimming grass near a burning =
bush behind our shed. Fortunately I spotted the female dart out before I =
got too close. It was under a canopy of tall grass that had bent over a =
lower branch of the bush forming a little tent like structure. There are =
at least two young in it...I haven't wanted to go too close. When I last =
checked from  a distance I could see a gaping mouth protruding out from =
under the female. The bird has been a regular at our bird feeder....so =
it is doing well with food and accommodation just 20 feet apart. Just =
hope our neighbourhood cats don't find the nest.

Jon Percy
Granville Ferry
------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8B76E.F399FD20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">Found a song sparrow nest yesterday =
while=20
trimming grass near a burning bush behind our shed. Fortunately I =
spotted the=20
female dart out before I got too close. It was under a canopy of tall =
grass that=20
had bent over a lower branch of the bush&nbsp;forming a little tent like =

structure. There are at least two young in it...I haven't wanted to go =
too=20
close. When I last checked from&nbsp; a distance&nbsp;I could see a=20
gaping&nbsp;mouth protruding out from under the female. The bird has =
been a=20
regular at our bird feeder....so it is doing well with food and =
accommodation=20
just 20 feet apart. Just hope our neighbourhood cats don't find the=20
nest.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">Jon Percy</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">Granville =
Ferry</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8B76E.F399FD20--