[NatureNS] Hummingbird, Purple Finches, Great Horned Owl

From: <phil.forman@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 9:43:12 -0400

Finally...spotted my first hummingbird last evening.
I also have at least 10 purple finches, which have been here for about 3 weeks.
There has been a great horned owl hooting for the past few weeks in the woods near my house...I love that sound!
Other birds are juncos, jays, 1 am. tree sparrow, goldfinches, 5 white throated sparrows. No sign of rose breasted grosbeaks yet though, nor have I had any evening grosbeaks.
Maria
Debert, NS